Monday, September 21, 2009

"What comes first in life".. --priorities



Priorities, priorities, priorities!!..

Before coming to the spectacular University of Oklahoma, my priorities were keeping my grades in tip top shape in attending this campus. During my senior year, my counselor had many scholarships for me but unlucky I did not receive the ones I had my eyes set on. Although!--I did get semi-finalist for three scholarships! Two of them were pretty big! I'm proud, but I'm still frustrated that I didn't get any of them..

So during high school, I only focused on scholarship and enjoyed the last of my high school year--(which was amazing and unforgettable) Because of that, I lost the habit in studying. :(

As an incoming freshman, I wanted to join new things and get involved with the school, but little did I know that it was going to effect the outcome in my classes. My priorities in the beginning of this semester was just meeting new people and having fun. I rushed, joined organizations, and laugh a little TOO much in the hallways during the first few weeks. It wasn't until my first exam--I crammed the night before because I was so behind that it hit me real hard that I NEEDDD to focus on my grades!! Just talking the other day about GPA in my leadership class made me worry so much! Starting this new week, I feel as if I've been on task and is doing well. I believe that everyday I will become better and it should all pull through. My priorities in college is now setting a goal for the best GPA and it WILL be completed with a smile at my graduation day!! :)

Aside to school priorities, my family is a MAJOR factor. My grandfather passes away last week, and I hate how it has to be this way. This week I planned on studying hardcore, but I had a funeral to attend.. When a situation like this one comes up, it's a bummer to have, but I know that Family will be on the top of my list forever. "In loving memory--Lam Duong" <3

I hate ending on a sour note.. ehh..

1 comment:

  1. Chung...I'm so sorry I'm just now getting around to catching up on blogs...and just realized your grandfather passed away. I will keep you in my thoughts.

    I'm glad you've realized the importance of grades and studying. Let me know if I can be of any help!

    ReplyDelete