Monday, November 2, 2009

Who's Who?? Boomer Sooner!

Today I meet two lovely ladies, and they couldn't have been any more sweeter than they were. :)

In the class room, we were instructed to hold our finger up high and connect with another advisor/teacher/staff.

The first person I met, Susan Sasso, was direct with confidence, and she has a gorgeous smile! We only had a small conversation about her title at OU which is an Associate Vice President and an Associate Dean of Students Student Affairs, but she teaches me that the first impression from any person leaves an imprint of how I would approach/know her as in the future. Mrs. Sasso soon talked briefly about her family, and we had to switch partners, but I know that after meeting her, no one in the room is afraid to speak to me nor dislike me. Having comfortable vibes in a room is the best way to boost your confidence.

Secondly, I later met Kari. J. Dawkins. She is a Leadership Development and Volunteerism Student Affairs Assistant Director. Mrs. Dawkins is very kind hearted and is very pretty! With her, I learned about organizations at OU, and how each organization is connected to each other such as if you are involved with something in CAC, you can be introduced to another organization and get more recommendations or favors to build in leadership roles. Again, like Mrs. Sasso, we casually talked and there was never a moment where I had an awkward feeling. We ended up talking about TV shows and how her career ended form into being an Assistant Director.

Both beautiful ladies are very tentative and sincere. What I learned from the people I met this morning is that the people in the Student Affairs building is not there to intimidate you at all if you are scared to approach them. All they want to do is help all students, so make their resource a good tool and don't be afraid to ask any one of them question.

An advise i would absolutely give freshmen is to focus a lot on time management. I didn't make a success in that topic and I had to suffer with the consequences. OU is a big campus, but it gets more little and you will fall in love with without the hassle of being lost.

I hope that everything is going well and have a artistically beautiful Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment