Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My Self-Discipline

If someone were to come up to me and ask what I think self-discipline is, I would simply reply back the way I approach, organize, and plan my life in a positive manner. I do not believe that everyone has full self-discipline, and we lack at least a quality that we find difficult. For example, I can name five things that I lack in discipline.

1) Initiative -In college, I have a hard time finishing my homework on time. I procrastinate a lot and never find the need to complete my homework ahead of time to avoid deadlines.

2) Dependable - To be honest, anytime there is some kind of event or a hang out day with my friends, I'm always the one that tends to be late. I don't mean to, but I don't pay attention to the time thus being the late one is my troubled personality.

3) Decisions - Most of the time, I let others make the decisions and not put my voice out ever. In big projects or just a leadership event, I'm a follower and sometimes I wished I could say something that could maybe be better or improve any kind of situation. I'm just afraid.

4) Enthusiasm - In putting more excitement in my work or activities I do will make others and myself feel the adrenaline rush to make the best of any kind of assignment or project.

5) Endurance - With this quality, if I were to study for a test, I would stay up until I get finish and not let my mind wonder. I have trouble studying and concentrating with homework therefore making me miss the homework deadlines an make a bad grade on my exam.


The way I see it is that everyone is not perfect, the way we live life is to learn from mistakes and become a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment