Monday, October 19, 2009

"You've gots a problem!??" -Attitude

In any group activity, attitude plays a major role in terms of success and completion of any given project. Having a positive attitude directs the whole group in a greater direction. In high school, I believe my class had major struggles with getting along with each other ever since the beginning of our freshmen year. Senior year was the most intense, but everyone pulled through and a more mature side of my classmates were shown to me. I'm not saying this in a bad connotation, but it was the truth that's impossible to hide!! and I believe that majority of the class saw it too. An example is with working with the homecoming float. I wished that we had more of a motive and that the students didn't have to work as much to be able to attend float building, but there was no way I could have changed that. It would have been fine with the few people that helped with the float, but when some students came wanting to only complain about the heat and the time being wasted, it became a problem. Their attitude shifted everyone's mood from being happy to angry or sad. In a group setting, being with a group and having positive theories maximizes the success that is wanted to be reached.

Having the best friend ever, with her best characteristic of being honest, is someone I look up to even though she is younger and shorter than I. haha. Her attitude is always chilled and she always loves to laugh. The ways my best friend Laura teaches me to be a better person with an excellent attitude is go not lie, and she states the harsh statements that would benefit me, not tear me down. For example, if given a friend with a bad attitude, it may end up influencing me in bad terms and I would not be at the best of my state after that whole year.

"Our attitudes are our most important assets because attitudes are the first impressions made to other people. My first opinion of anyone in general with a negative attitude is that person is grouchy and doesn't want to be bothered with. Many examples can be told endlessly but all that has to be done is kind manners sincerity topped off with a smile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment